Recognition of previous study (so called NOSTRIFICATION) is an obligatory condition required by the Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic for students who apply for degree programmes. The recognition is provided by the official authorities.
We cannot give you the admission without the recognition of your previous education.
There are two types of recognition (“nostrification”) you can apply for. At the faculty level we offer, and the information below is related to, the second type.
- Done by the governmental office or a public university
- costs 3000 – 4000 CZK
- allows you to enter any university in the Czech Republic and it is valid for life
- it is slower (1 – 3 months) because more institutions are involved in the process
- all of the courses that you have studied are assessed
- the admission crew of the FBE faculty does not provide assistance with this type
- information about the documents needed is here:
- for recognition of High school education: here.
- for recognition of university education: Nostrification – Mendelova univerzita v Brně (mendelu.cz)
- Done by our faculty
- cost 800 CZK
- allows you to study at FBE MENDELU only and only once
- it is faster (2 – 3 weeks) because it is done directly in our office
- does not assess the courses you have studied, however, there still should be no final F grades and you should be eligible to enter university in your home country
- for the information about the documents needed see below
Types of authentication
There are three types of authentication of your documents divided by the countries where the education has been achieved and where the university diploma has been issued:
- States that have signed a multilateral agreement on legal assistance – documents are valid on the territories of the signatory states without need of further authentication; an officially authenticated copy of the diploma and its official translation are required.
- States that are signatories to the Apostille Convention for simplified authentication of public documents (the Hague Convention). An apostille is a unified form of authentication of documents issued by the competent administrative body of the state in which the diploma was issued. PLEASE SEE COMMON MISTAKES (below)
- Other countries – the documents attesting to the completion of a degree course must be authenticated by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the home country of the foreign higher education institution that has issued the document, and the diplomatic mission of the Czech Republic in the country concerned.
Please, see the list of countries including the types of authentication.
Please, be aware that delivered documents will not be returned to you after a nostrification process so please, submit officially authenticated copies not original documents.
Please, be aware that even if you submit all the documents the nostrification might not be possible for some reasons. If that happens, you still have the possibility of doing the nostrification by yourself at the governmental office. You can use the assistance of some organization in the Czech Republic. If that will be the case, we will inform you about that in an email.